Wednesday, May 9, 2012

E.O.C Week 5: Review Questions

It is time for some self-reflection by answering the following questions: What are your professional plans for the future? How do you intend to make those plans happen? What stumbling blocks do you think you will have to clear along the way? How long do you think it will take to reach your goals?

My professional plans for my future include first; getting the position of a buyer for a music related clothing company such as Iron Fist or T.U.K because that is the environment i see myself thriving in. Gain some experience and insight, get the company's sense of style down and travel to different places in order to attain inspiration and resources. This will include me attending a variety of fashion shows and really knowing what to buy for the company. Also I will be networking with top brands and buyers and build relationships that will benefit the company. I see myself in this position for about 4-5 years then expanding my wings and doing what i ultimately want to do, and that is to start my own business. I want to create my own brand which will be named MotorFemme and sell musically inspired clothing, records, books, accesories, jewelry, art work created by myself. I want my business to really bond with the music community and transform it into music lovers heaven. A one stop shop for all of your musical intake needs. I will need all the knowledge i can get into running a successful business an understanding my finances. I want to soak in all the retail math that i should know and business strategies and decisions that will make my company run smoothly and have plenty of cash flow. I will need to get managerial experience so i can better communicate with my employees, the business and accounting aspect of the whole thing. Good decision making for the company's future. I believe it will take 5 years,10 the most for me to be prepared to open my own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment